4 Ways To Grow Healthy Hair Twice As Fast, Where You Can
With the arrival of cooler weather, many guys may be looking to grow out their facial hair or maintain a healthy head of hair.
But let’s face it — not all of us have the genetics to look like Liver King.
So for us guys who can’t grow a beard, here are 4 ways to grow a healthy head of hair faster and stronger — just in time for winter.
1. Feed Your Hair Properly
Instead of wasting your money on those “natural” supplements you see online… you can get the same results by eating the right foods.
Here are the top 3 hair-growing nutrients you need in your diet:
- Biotin is a vitamin that’s essential for healthy hair growth because it helps your body produce keratin - the protein that makes up your hair, skin, and nails. Some great sources of biotin are egg yolks, salmon, avocados, nuts, and seeds.
- Zinc supports cell growth and regeneration, which means it helps promote healthy hair follicles. You can find zinc in oysters, beef, pork chops, and pumpkin (since it’s almost Halloween).
- Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for keeping your scalp healthy. And a healthy scalp means healthy hair. Get your omega-3s in fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines.
2. Treat Your Hair Like Your Skin
Just like your skin, your hair needs to be moisturized to stay healthy.
Here are 3 different ways you can keep your hair and scalp from drying out in the cold:
- Oils — Two hydrating oils that won’t weigh your hair down are argan oil and jojoba oil. Simply apply a few drops to your scalp before your normal styling routine.
Masks— A hair mask is a thick conditioning treatment that you leave in your hair for 5-10 minutes before washing. This gives your hair and scalp time to absorb all the vitamins infused in the mask.
- Conditioners— Whereas masks are mainly used to nourish the scalp, a conditioner helps make your hair feel soft, silky, and smooth. If you haven’t already, check out the Forte Series Hydrating Conditioner, which doubles as a quick conditioner or a luxurious hair mask!
Since all 3 of these products need some time to absorb into your hair and scalp, here’s something else you can do while you’re waiting.
3. Give Yourself a Scalp Massage
Scalp massages during your shower are not only incredibly relaxing, but they also help to promote healthy hair growth by stimulating blood flow to your hair follicles. Plus, massaging your scalp loosens and removes any built-up sebum, dirt, or products that could be clogging your pores and leading to hair loss.
Here are a few tips on how to massage your scalp properly:
Start at the forehead and use your fingertips to make a claw-like motion.
Try rubbing different areas of your scalp, moving down along the temples all the way to the base of the neck.
After you're finished massaging, rinse your hair with cold water to help close the pores on your scalp.
Give yourself a scalp massage at least once a week for the best results.
4. Get a Haircut?
Believe it or not, one of the best ways to grow healthy hair is to get a regular haircut. This may seem counterintuitive — why would you want to cut off your hair when you're trying to grow it?
Getting the occasional trim removes split ends. This damage can travel up the hair shaft resulting in eventual breakage, usually during your shower. All your hard work will go down the drain! Literally.
There You Have It,
4 tips to help you grow strong, healthy hair this winter. So you can look amazing and keep your head warm at the same time!
P.S. Make sure to check out the fan-favorite Extreme Hold Texture Clay! It contains hair health ingredients like argan oil and shea butter to support the growth of healthy, strong hair.
Click here to shop now!